Talking Pest Control: Facts about Fleas
In this week's episode of Talking Pest Control, Aimee shares some fun facts about one of the toughest pests to eliminate: fleas. These interesting facts make great talking points with customers to get them thinking about the importance of professional pest management!A few things you can share with your customers on your next general pest spray job:
- Fleas are one of the toughest pests to eliminate; they have four stages of life, so even when you eliminate the adults, the eggs and the pupae can lay dormant for up to a year and re-emerge.
- Fleas feed exclusively on blood, especially that of cats and dogs.
- Fleas start feeding within 5 minutes of being on your cat or dog and will feed for up to two and a half hours.
- Adult fleas feed around 15 times a day and essentially excrete a dried blood residue.
- A female flea can consume up to 15 times her body weight.
- Fleas don’t have any ears and are virtually blind. They sense everything through vibration and heat.
- Fleas can jump 30,000 times non-stop. They reverse direction every time they jump and some can jump up to 30 centimetres straight up. That’s like a human jumping over the Eiffel tower.
And finally, one fact you may want to drop into the conversation with your customers. Fleas can carry diseases and parasites like tapeworm. If children play with pets who have fleas, there is a possible risk of infection.
Remember there’s nothing better than a professional treatment with DEMAND DUO Insecticide for the control of fleas. The double active and unique ZC formulation hits hard and goes the distance.
Catch more episodes of 'Talking Pest Control' to find some more fun facts about bugs and some great tips for efficient use of Demand Duo.