Fast, effective fire ant control
A corn grit and oil bait matrix that is highly palatable and provides unbeatable control of fire ants, resulting in proven customer satisfaction.
ADVION® Fire Ant Bait is a corn grit and oil bait matrix that is highly palatable and provides unbeatable control of fire ants, resulting in proven customer satisfaction. Research has shown ADVION® Fire Ant Bait can provide total colony control in as little as 72 hours and can be used any time of the year keeping areas free from this aggressive, painful and invasive pest.
With one application, ADVION® Fire Ant Bait provides control of foraging ants within 12 to 48 hours and total colony control within 72 hours. After only two applications, yearlong colony control can be achieved in most locations.
Superior control of monogyme or poloygyme colonies
- ADVION® Fire Ant Bait kills not just the worker, but also the queen and the larvae stages of the colony, aiming for eradication of this invasive pest
- The bait is highly attractive to Red Imported and Tropical Fire Ant species ensuring rapid uptake of the product
- Great results from day of first application, colony control can occur within 3-14 days depending on nest numbers and population densities
- Can be used in agricultural situations, commercial/domestic/industrial and public service areas, forests, grazing and non-crop areas as well as in lawn and turf situations including residential lawns and ornamental garden beds
Convenient and easy to use
- Highly palatable corn grit and oil bait matrix, in a convenient 1 kg shaker pack
- Application of 15 g per nest is made 1 m around the mound where ants enter and forage
- Follow up treatments are usually limited to spot treatments of high-density nest clusters whereas other baits (IGR’s) need 3-4 additional complete treatments
How does ADVION® Fire Ant Bait control the entire ant colony?
ADVION® Fire Ant Bait contains indoxacarb, a non-repellent active ingredient, in a highly palatable corn grit and oil bait matrix. The correct placement of ADVION® Fire Ant Bait will maximise its transfer to the nest, thereby killing the queen, larvae, and ants in the nest. Worker ants that feed on ADVION® Fire Ant Bait return to the nest and transfer the non-repellent active ingredient (Indoxacarb) to the brood and queen. Total colony control can be achieved within 3-14 days with worker activity significantly reduced within 48 hours.
Tips for Use
- Applications can be made at any time of day but are most effective in the morning, when ants start to actively forage (soil temperature >15.5°C and air temperature between 24°C and 32°C)
- Mound treatment: Do not disturb the mound and bait should be applied around the mounds and not on top
- Apply 15 g/mound (approx. 4 level tablespoons) uniformly 1 m around the nest mound
- No more than 4 applications should be applied per year
- For optimal effectiveness, use fresh bait and do not apply if the surface is wet with dew or irrigation is planned or rainfall is forecast within 24-36 hours post application
- If follow-up applications are required, make these at 12-16 weeks intervals
Fire Ants often nest in open spaces close to other structures and in colder months these nests are more visible as they are prone from the surrounding ground level to access more sunlight for warmth.
Total colony control in as little as 72 hours
Kills worker and queen ants
Can be used in multiple situations
Convenient and easy to use